Frontal Fatigue by Mark D. Rego, MD
- Does modern life feel too pressured?
- Are there too many decisions in your life?
- Is technology taking over your time rather than making time for you?
- Does burnout feel like it threatens your mental health?
- Have you had mental health issues?
These and many more questions about our lives, technology and mental illness and explained in “Frontal Fatigue. Modern Life and Technology and Mental Illness”.
Within the pages of Frontal Fatigue you will find eye-opening insight into the interconnectedness of mental illness, technology, and the modern world.
Dr. Rego has practiced adult, adolescent and geriatric psychiatry for 30 years. He spent 25 years in community practice specializing in:
- treating patients who required medications,
- helping people who were poorly responsive to usual treatment,
- addressing the special needs of those in hospitals, nursing homes, group homes and outpatients with medical problems.
He is Board Certified in General Adult and in Geriatric Psychiatry.
Since he began practice in 1989 he has taught psychiatric trainees at Yale New Haven Hospital and was the first member of his department to have psychiatric residents sit with him and observe patient care directly.
From 2004 until 2010 he spent time in Ayacucho, Peru working with local groups to build a mental health center and continued years after to help supply them with needed medicines.
Currently he is researching and writing about the intersection between modern life and issues relevant to mental health. His publications can be found on Medium.com (https://mdrmd2.medium.com/) and other sites. Dr. Rego presently consults to small community clinics who treat the under-served. He continues to teach at Yale New Haven Hospital.